Mapex Black Panther 14" x 6" Heartbreaker Snare Drum
MAPEX BLACK PANTHER 14" X 6" HEARTBREAKER SNARE DRUM
The Mapex Black Panther 14" x 6" Heartbreaker Snare Drum is constructed of an all-mahogany shell and reinforcement rings which blend historic snare drum tone with modern snare design. It combines the dark, rustic and throaty sounds of rock classics, but easily fits with today’s more organic alternative styles. Each of the new Black Panther Design Lab Snares are built with the Mapex 10-lug hoops, Puresound premium snare wires, Cylinder-Drive Strainer, and SONIClear Bearing edges.
The Mapex Black Panther Design Lab Heartbreaker Snare Drum has a dark, throaty and rustic tone. The Design Lab range is inspired by Mapex's acclaimed Black Panther drum series. Mapex has taken everything they’ve learnt about making great sounding, cutting edge snare drums. Then, using modern technology, innovative features and good old fashioned drum craft, they add just that little bit of extra modern flair.
Black Panther Design Lab series snare drums are professional level snares that have been developed specifically for the performance needs of top players and are engineered to combine incredible sound and performance with modern design. An ultra-premium snare drum, the new Heartbreaker is great for rock classics with its dark, rustic and throaty sounds but works fantastically with modern organic and alternative styles.
- Dark, Throaty and Rustic Tone
- 8mm (8-Ply) Cherry Wood Shell
- 45° Soniclear Bearing Edges with 4-Ply Mahogany Resonance Rings. The result is a clearer fundamental pitch, effortless and consistent tuning, and a significantly expanded tuning range
- 2.7mm Deep, 5.5” Snare Bed Graduation for a Dry, Articulate & Controlled Snare tone
- Black Panther Crown lugs
- Sonic Saver Hoops
- Dual venting for feel and drier tone
- BP Cylinder throw-offs and butt side adjustment. The Cylinder-Drive Strainer and Butt-End Adjuster use a self-lubricating bearing to ensure smooth operation. The adjustment dial employs "micro-lock" technology that provides precise control and prevents the snare wires from loostening during play.
- Puresound Custom Series 16-Strand wires. The wires are medium-gauged evenly spaced standard coils, providing an even balance between snare response and shell sound.