British Drum Co. 14" x 6.5" Big Softy Snare Drum
British Drum Co. 14 X 6.5” Big Softy Snare Drum, lovingly hand made in Britain with twelve months of planning and testing going into its creation.
14 x 6.5” Snare Drum
Soft Sound Snare
Big Softy by name, big softy by nature – this snare gets its name from its characteristic sound; it is deep, fat and soft.
"It's fat, deep and chewy; the Big Softy has to be the perfect recording snare." - Ian Matthews (Kasabian)
Crafted in Britain
Making up the shell is a 7.5mm combination of tulip and cherry with hand cut, round over edges enhancing the output.
The Big Softy snare comes to you with a Remo coated Ambassador batter head and a Remo Hazy snare resonate head with a nyloc lug insert that prevents de-tuning.
Definitely the warmest snare that British Drum Co. provides and fantastic for use in the studio.
British Drum Co. Big Softy Snare Details:
- Shell: Tulip and Cherry, 7.5mm
- Bearing Edges: Hand Cut, Round Over
- Snare Beds: Hand Cut, 1.8mm Deep
- Better Hoop: Triple Flange, 2.3mm
- Snare Hoop: Triple Flange, 2.3mm
- Lugs: 10 Diamond Chrome-Plated Palladium Snare Lugs
- Batter Head: Remo Coated Ambassador
- Resonate Head: Remo Hazy Snare
- Snare Strainer: BDC Smooth Action Strainer
- Feature: Nyloc Lug Insert to Prevent De-Tuning
- Finish: Natural Cherry Veneer with Satin Oil